SCERT Bihar NMMSS
SCERT Bihar invites online application for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme’ (NMMSS) may be a Central Sector Scheme launched in May 2008 to supply scholarships for meritorious students of classes IX to XII. The scheme is on-boarded on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Here we are going to know every detail about SCERT Bihar NMMSS like the Application form, Last date, How to apply, rewards, and much more
Objective: SCERT Bihar NMMSS scholarships provided to meritorious students of economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out of class VIII and encourage them to continue their studies and complete the second stage.
The scheme envisages the award of 1 lakh fresh scholarships per annum to chose students of sophistication IX and their continuation/renewal in classes X to XII for study in government, Government-aided, and native body schools under the scheme.
Similar Scholarship : Samsung Star Scholarship 2020-21
SCERT Bihar NMMSS Eligibility
- The total annual income of all parents whose parents are not more than 1.5 lakh rupees (one lakh fifty thousand).
- The students shall have a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in Class VII examination (Relaxable by 5% for SC/ST)
- The student should be studying as a daily student in Government, Government-aided, and native body schools. Students of NVS, KVS, and residential schools aren’t entitled to the scholarships.
- There is reservation as per government norms.
SCERT Bihar NMMSS Scholarship Amount:
An amount of Rs. 12000/- per student once a year. the speed of scholarship has been enhanced from Rs. 6000/- to Rs. 12000/– per annum with effect from 1st April 2017.
Selection of Fresher Awardee Students
- NMMSS selection test is conducted at the stage of class-VIII.
- Each State and UT conducts its own test for the choice of scholars for the award of the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. Due publicity is given by the State and UT regarding the test. Interested eligible students may contact the State Nodal Officer for details
- A student who fulfills the eligibility criteria must pass both the tests, i.e., capacity Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) under NMMSS with a minimum of 40 Markova in aggregate taken together for these two tests. For the SC/ST students, this stop is 32% marks.
Selection of Renewal Awardee Students
The awardees should get a minimum of 55% marks in school IX and XI, and a minimum of 60% in school X for the continuance of scholarship (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates).
How to Apply for SCERT Bihar NMMSS?
Just follow the below steps to apply for the NMMSS 2020-21
Scroll down to get the Application Link And official site
- Go to the official website of SCERT Bihar provided above.
- In order to register your institution for the NMMSS. Examination, click on the tab “Institution Registration”
- Enter your Institution’s U-DISE (Unified District Information System for Education) Code.
- Click on the “VALIDATE” tab to validate the same.
- Fill the application with the following details,
- Select your Block from the available list
- Enter school address
- And Enter the post office name in whose area the school is located.
- Enter Postal Index Number (PIN) Code within which the school is located
- Select your School Type from the available list
- Select your School Area from the available list
- Enter your School’s Email Address.
- Re-enter School’s Email Address.
- Enter Head Master’s (Head of the Institution’s) Mobile Number
- Enter Asstt. Head Master’s (Asstt. Head of the Institution’s) Mobile Number
- Check details as appearing before clicking on the “VALIDATE & SEND OTP” tab to submit the same.
- Enter verification code (OTP) as received on your mobile and click on the “VERIFY” tab.
- Once verified the system will send you to the next/final part of the application form.
SCERT Bihar NMMSS Process under NSP:
- To apply for NMMSS, students from different States and UTs, who have qualified within the MAT and SAT under NMMSS must register themselves on NSP.
- The applications are verified online on the portal by the prescribed State authorities.
- The final list of eligible candidates, complete altogether respect, is provide to the MHRD by NSP Team for sanction of the scholarship.
- The Ministry of HRD thereafter sanctions funds and releases them to the depository financial institution of India (SBI), the implementing bank for the Scheme.
- The SBI disburses the scholarships to students directly by electronic transfer into their bank accounts under
SCERT Bihar NMMSS Exam Pattern
The State Level Examination may consist of the following two tests
(i) Mental Ability Test (MAT)
(ii) Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- Mental Ability Test may consist of 100 multiple-choice questions testing verbal and non-verbal meta-cognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking. The questions in the test may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figures, etc.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test may consist of 100 multiple-choice questions covering subjects namely, science, social studies, and mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII.
The question paper will be in both Hindi / English languages. Candidates have to give their answers on OMR answer sheet.
Duration of the Test :
Each test will be of 90 minutes duration. Children with disabilities will be given extra time, as applicable. NCERT will provide a uniform set of guidelines to all State/UTs for carrying out the examination and promote evenness of evaluation.
- Your credential for login into the online application form submission system for approval of the online application form of your students will be sent via SMS (and also via email if you provided your email id at the time of registration of your institution) after the opening of candidates form submission portal, provide your application for registration of Institution has been approved by the Council.
- If you do not apply for registration of your institution or your application for registration of your institution has been rejecting by the council, then your Institution’s Name will not appear in the candidate’s form submission portal and students of your Institution will not be able to select your institution in their application form.
- In order to track the status of your application, please refer to the list to be built available on the notice board from time to time.
Get Official link And SCERT Bihar NMMSS Application Form Click here